Burke Williams is committed to making its website usable by all people by meeting or exceeding the requirements of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
This website currently includes the following accessibility features:
Image Alternative Tag (Alt Tags)
Burke Williams site uses minimal graphics and images to ease navigation, limit clutter, and increase load speed.
To eliminate confusion for screen readers, speech synthesizers, and other assistive technology devices, we use descriptive alternative text for ALT tags to assist visually impaired site visitors. When the device encounters a graphic, site visitors hear a short description of what is set forth in the ALT tag, such as, "picture of spat", rather than the generic "graphic."
Text Alternatives for Video
For recorded video, we make every effort to provide a text alternative—captions or transcript in html or PDF—wherever possible.
Third-party video embedded in our site might or might not have accurate captions or transcript.
Internet Explorer 6.x or Higher
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools > Internet Options.
- In Internet Options dialog box select the Security tab.
- Click Custom Level button at bottom. The Security Settings dialog box will pop up.
- Under the Scripting category, enable/disable Active Scripting, Allow paste options via script and Scripting of Java applets.
- Click OK twice to close out.
- Click Refresh.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Select Tools> Options.
- Select Content button from the top row of options.
- On Windows/Linux: Select Options from the "Wrench" graphic icon menu on the upper/right side of the Google Chrome window.
- On Mac OS X: Select Preferences from the Chrome menu.
- Select the Under the Hood tab.
- Click the Content settings (button underneath the Privacy area).
- On Windows, select the Edit menu.
- On Mac OS, select Preferences from the Safari menu.
- Select Security tab at the top.
If you need assistance in using the processes found within this site, or have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of this site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the web page and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible.