The Original Urban Day Spa
Burke Williams is more than a place. It is an experience. Inside our European-inspired spas, we work to transform your day and enhance your sense of well-being, one service at a time. As long as you need to decompress, unwind, and find peace in your life, we will provide your sanctuary!
At Burke Williams, you’ll find relaxation and beauty treatments including massage therapy, facials, manicures and pedicures, baths, and wetroom treatments. And, we are proud to offer some of the finest Aromatherapy spa treatments in the country. Each Burke Williams Spa is equipped with:
- A large co-ed lounge for socializing. Relax in luxury in front of a glowing fire. Enjoy complimentary seasonal teas, refreshing infused waters, and fresh fruit.
- Separate spa amenities for men and women.
- Whirlpools, steam room, dry sauna, cool misting room, private showers, and cold deluge.
- Quiet rooms where reading, relaxing, and silence prevail.
- Vanity areas equipped with all the amenities you need for your return to the outside world: hair products, shaving goods, blow dryers, curling irons, and more.
Our newest massage-only concept is located in Marina del Rey. With Simply Massage, we’ve gone back to basics. You’ll enjoy the peace and relaxation of a massage with our highly trained Burke Williams therapists at an affordable price and in a convenient location. Busy, stressed professionals will find therapeutic relief with regular massages in this convenient massage-only concept. Offered exclusively at our Marina del Rey location.
In the early 1980s, Theresa and Bill Armour shared the vision of bringing the luxury experience of a world-class resort-style spa to the city. What began as their vision has now become a thriving industry. The husband and wife team opened the first urban day spa – Burke Williams – in 1984, creating a brand that would become synonymous with elegance and luxury. Today the brand is still family-operated, and the Armours have overseen the vision every step of the way. Three decades later, Burke Williams flourishes with ten spa locations across California, a massage-only concept, Simply Massage, in Marina del Rey, and the results-oriented skincare line, H2V. Burke Williams combines the finest traditions with nourishing innovations to transport its guests from the stress of everyday life. Drawing inspiration from world-class European day spas and training expert therapists to provide exceptional quality treatments, each guest is treated to the ultimate experience of relaxation and renewal. Burke Williams is a sanctuary, a place of wellness and beauty, inspiration, and optimism.
Our Mission and Core Values
We exist to transform your day.
Our Guiding Principles
- We are committed to leading our employees and guests into uncommon ground, a sanctuary of wellness and beauty, inspiration and optimism.
- We are committed to doing what is right rather than what is expedient through truth and honesty, openness and accountability.
- We will be skillful, diligent and responsive in our work, and earnest in our desire to transform lives for the better.
- We are committed to an environment that gives meaning to our jobs and expresses the dignity and importance of our work.
Our Core Values
We are family.
Family is the heart of Burke Williams. Our company was started by a family and is owned by a family. Families grow and change, but they always have each other’s backs. We welcome YOU to our family.
Creativity is inspiring.
We are empowered to find creative solutions that will brighten someone’s day and put a smile on their face.
Serving others is a noble calling.
We are called to serve our fellow man every day—and each of us is our fellow man. It’s our pleasure!
Pride, graciousness, passion, and optimism are always ‘five star’.
These characteristics are the foundation on which our acclaimed attention to detail is based.
There is nothing more satisfying than the word ‘WOW’.
It’s the moment a guest smiles at an unexpected pleasure—a complimentary bath, a lovely bite of fruit, a birthday greeting in their locker. We want everyone to say ‘WOW.’
The best leader is one who serves.
Our leaders serve the company, our guests, and most of all, you. They inspire trust and lead by example. They strive to nurture the leader in all of us.
A culture of humility is beautiful.
It glows with every act of service for another.
Whatever we do, let’s do it with our heart.
Life is a lot more fun when we live it with love. Lead with your heart. Find joy in your work. Happiness will follow.
You make the difference.
Each of us has a special role in the Burke Williams experience. It’s what we bring and who we are that truly matters.